Read in your language:

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lantern Festival at the Chinese Garden 2008

In 2007, we reached as far as the gate, then decided it was too expensive to enter. This year, the theme was 'Hello Kitty goes to the Races'. Had to go. By the end of the day, I still thought it was overpriced, but I was happy.

Our parking coupon - $3 per car, exchangeable for a lantern :)


Hello Kitty Lantern Festival

The bridge linking the carpark to the garden.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival


Hello Kitty Lantern Festival


We arrived slightly after 6pm, when it was still bright.
We were told the fireworks would begin at 8.30pm.


There were game stalls, pasar malam stalls, kiddie rides, food stalls.
We wanted to go to Keppel Bay for dinner, so we had some tutu cake (coconut filling) to last us till 9pm.

tutu kueh

The koi pond outside the tortoise museum. Someone was feeding the koi and they rushed to get the food, even at the expense of being pushed above the water.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival

My Melody riding a tricycle.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival
Cinnamoroll in his yacht.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival Cinnamoroll
My Melody in her yacht.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival

Sanrio Totem pole.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival

The Moonwalk.

Hello Kitty Lantern Festival

Well, I'm so happy I got to go this year. When I saw the hello kitty promotional poster I insisted. Thanks to the boy, I got my wish.

No comments: