Read in your language:

Friday, May 8, 2009

A whole lot of Jurlique - old vs new packaging

I knew I had a lot of Jurlique products but it just hit me that I have to use them up fast before they expire! And considering that the humidity here is close to 80%, they'll probably expire before they are supposed to, since I don't see any chemical preservatives in the ingredients list.

Partly because the couldn't remember what I already have, I ended up with duplicates of the same products from the sensitive skin line, in the old and revamped version. The old ones were from the Luxasia warehouse sale and has really ugly packaging, like some sort of prescription cream. I'm glad they retained the glass bottles though. Most of the products from this line smells of lavendar, and the ingredient list is short, with namely, Sichuan Peppercorn, Groomwell, Self Heal and Calendula.

The Ultra Sensitive Face Wash replaced by Soothing Foaming Cleanser. The ingredients are pretty much the same, but the name is kind of misleading as this is one of the most non-foaming cleanser I've ever used. It leaves my skin feeling a little oily I might say. I still love my foaming cleansers.

Jurlique Soothing Foaming Cleanser


The Balancing Foaming Cleanser and the Foaming Facial Cleanser (now renamed Purifying Foaming Cleanser). The former smells of peppermint whilst the latter smells of tea tree. Both are dark tea-colored.

Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser
Jurlique Purifying Foaming Cleanser
If you have dry skin you'll probably prefer the Face Wash Cream. This contains oatmeal, honey and almonds in the form of a paste which you mix with a little water and press into your skin. I use the Dr Hauschka method as it is difficult and almost impossible (read: messy) to use neat from the tube. It's supposed to lift dead skin cells and after the revamp, is now called the Exfoliating Cream. It does leave a slightly oily residue on the skin.

Jurlique Face Wash Cream

Jurlique Face Wash Cream

The Chamomile Floral Water has been renamed Chamomile Soothing Mist. No change in the ingredients. Both contain alcohol. The only addition is polysorbate-20 which acts as an emulsifier. Of all the Jurlique mists, I'm liking this the most.

Jurlique Chamomile Soothing Mist


The Rosewater Mist has more alcohol in the revamped version. I don't fancy this mist as the rose scent doesn't appeal to me, and the mist leaves my skin feeling kind of tacky.

Jurlique Rosewater Mist


The Citrus Purifying Mist also contains alcohol. I like this better than the Rosewater Mist, though the musky/spicy citrus scent lingers on for quite a bit. I also use this to wipe off cleansing milk.

Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist


The Day Moisturizing Lotion renamed Soothing Day Care Lotion. Very similar ingredients-wise, except for the relative percentage of each. A fluid, lightweight lotion that smells of sweet lavendar.

Jurlique Soothing Day Care Lotion


The Clarifying Day Care Lotion and Viola Cream. The viola cream is the only Jurlique product I've come across that hardly has a scent, perhaps because it's supposed to calm delicate skins. It contains Vitamin C, E and A. I had expected it to be purple for whatever reason but it is a cream color. Both products go on slightly oily.

Jurlique Clarifying Day Care Lotion

Jurlique Viola Cream



Jurlique Viola Cream

The Night Treatment Gel renamed Soothing Herbal Recovery Gel. Very similar ingredients-wise, except for the relative percentage of each. Goes on and remains slightly oily and does not absorb completely.

Jurlique Soothing Herbal Recovery Gel

Jurlique Soothing Herbal Recovery Gel



The Nurturing Mask is a cream colored mask whilst the Intense Recovery Mask is green-colored mask. Both are masks that dry. The former has the signature lavendar scent, whilst the latter has a sourish lavendar-tea tree kind of scent.

Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask

Jurlique Nurturing Mask

Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask


Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask


The Purifying Mask contains Green Tea, Vitamin C, E, A, and a load of flower extracts. Although I prefer the scent of this to the Intense Recovery Mask, it is a little messy to use due to the oat bits. Rather similar in texture to the Face Wash Cream.

Jurlique Purifying Mask

Jurlique Purifying Mask



The Rose Hand Cream is a very light pink cream. I don't feel that this is moisturizing at all, but it does make my hands soft.

Jurlique Rose Hand Cream


The Citrus Body Lotion is a very fluid lightweight lotion that contains Safflower, Avocado and Shea Butter oil to moisturize, and Horse Chestnut extract to improve circulation. Somehow this smells weirdly like bananas and it feels ever so slightly sticky on my skin.

Jurlique Citrus Body Lotion


If there are two Jurlique products I can't live without, it's the Day Care Face Cream and Face Oil. Both smell wonderful. The Face Oil has the loveliest healing floral scent I've come across in any product. Heaven would smell like this :). I prefer to use the Face Oil rather than than petroleum-based products as an eye makeup remover, and when I'm not using the Decleor Angelique Face Oil at night, I pat this on instead. The Face Cream on the other hand, has the most comforting & delicious floral scent. It does smell like a garden of blooming flowers :).

Jurlique Day Care Face Oil

Jurlique Day Care Face Cream

Jurlique Day Care Face Cream and Oil



No comments: