Read in your language:

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lunch @ Nyonya Memories

I have been wanting to try the peranakan food at Nyonya Memories ever since they opened. Located at Heartland Mall, Kovan, it's just within walking distance from my place. However, since the boy and I usually travel further for our nights out, we had never managed to have dinner here till we recently decided to lunch together.

It's located on the second floor of the mall, near Pizza Hut.

Nyonya Memories
The interior has been decorated to give the place a homely feel. Floral curtains frame mirrors, making the place seem bigger than it actually is.

Nyonya Memories
The kitchen where our food was being prepared.

Nyonya Memories
The dishes cost under $10 each and the portion is just nice for two, maybe three if you pick at your food.

Nyonya Memories
The boy wanted to order Chap Chai but I wanted something I hadn't tried before and decided to get the Hor Pow with Pork. It's basically fried beancurd filled with sweet roasted pork, cucumbers and cut red chillies. Although it felt more like a simple snack, I wasn't disappointed with this dish as I did with the Beef Rendang.

Nyonya Memories
The Beef Rendang was hard and dry, and none of us wanted to finish the dish. We just wet our rice with the curry.

Nyonya Memories
The Ayam Ponteh on the othe hand was pretty good. The chicken was tender and the sauce was sweet with the crunchy taste of nuts.

Nyonya Memories
I would like to try more peranakan food, but we'll probably not be eating here again. The staff are friendly though and they have daily promotions, so if you are staying or working nearby, you might still like to give this place a try. I do see quite a number of people at the restaurant whenever I walk pass the place.

Nyonya Memories

No comments: