Read in your language:

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dinner @ Nakhon Kitchen, Hougang St 21

I had noticed a rather long queue outside the Nakhon Kitchen branch at Hougang a couple of times when we were on our way to town. It piqued my curiousity as the place looked more like a coffeeshop than an air-conditioned restaurant. The first thing that came to mind was, the food was probably cheap. And good.

Nakhon Kitchen
We had the green curry with beef (chicken is available). The boy found it spicy but as a lover of spicy food, I hardly noticed the heat. A pretty standard green curry dish.

Nakhon Kitchen
The boy wanted to try the fried pork with garlic. I have no idea what he had pictured it to be like, but he was definitely surprised to see it cooked this way. I guess it does look more like finger food than a side dish, but it was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and somehow reminded me of the complimentary pork crisps we were given when we dined at Ting Yuan Fishhead Hotpot.

Nakhon Kitchen
We initially ordered pad thai as I was looking forward to more spicy food, but I realised, just in time, that we needed some rice to go with our curry and changed our order for pad thai to fried rice with chicken (you could ask for beef or seafood instead). The fried rice tasted like what you'd get at Jumbo or similar restaurants.



I'd say that the food is rather cheap, and yet rather expensive. It costs $6-8 per dish above, but the portion is small. I was happy with the quality except for my tamarind drink which was a huge disappointment after my wonderful virgn experience at Long Phung Vietnamese Restaurant.



Yes, it's bottled and tasted like Allswell :( I'd recommend the boy's cold lemongrass drink over mine any time.

No comments: