Read in your language:

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Laneige Moisturizing Cleansing Balm

I have a fondness for cleansing balms that melt into oil, not so much for the removal of makeup, but for the relaxing mini facial massage that I get whenever I use these balms. The Laneige Moisturizing Cleansing Balm is one which I recently tried. It comes in a 100g round pink plastic tub with a white screw cap and has the typical Laneige scent.

Laneige Cleansing Balm
Laneige Cleansing Balm
A spatula with which to scoop the soft wax-like balm is included. This is the amount I use just for the facial area, and it melts almost immediately into a light smooth oil and is great for massaging. It emulsifies when water is added, just like cleansing oils, but unlike regular cleansing oils, this balm is a little difficult to remove. It turns slightly waxy, and clings to parts of the skin with tenacity and I have to use a foaming cleanser to remove any residue completely.

Laneige Cleansing Balm
The main component of this balm is mineral oil. It does also contain a little borage oil to heal and soothe, and grapeseed oil to tone and moisturize.

Laneige Cleansing Balm
I have the intention of getting the RMK Cleansing Balm and I hope it performs much better. It has a rose scent which I think I'd like much more :)

No comments: