Read in your language:

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Spring Dessert Place (Tang Shui Chun)

I had a headache one night and had not had my dinner, and since it was already past 9pm, a lot of restaurants were already closing. Except for Sweet Spring Dessert Place at NEX, which left us with the only viable choice.

Sweet Spring Dessert

The boy and I shared a wooden tub of steamed homemade beancurd ($4.90) and added a topping of yam paste ($2). Some other toppings you could add on to your order are pearl, gula melaka, red bean, lotus seed and gingko nut.


homemade beancurd
The size of the wooden tub is rather deceptive, as the dish which holds the beancurd is very shallow, and a hungry person could very well polish off the entire thing by himself.

homemade beancurd
The yam paste is served separately, and you may add it to your bowl of beancurd if you so prefer.

homemade beancurd
homemade beancurd
As I said, I hadn't had my dinner and I wasn't feeling too well, hence I was so happy to see that they serve fish porridge. I had to wait rather long for my porridge, but it was worth it. They were very generous with the fish and though the porridge looked bland, it was really tasty with pieces of salted fish, seaweed and pickled radish! The fish was fresh and devoid of any fishiness, which would have made my stomach churn.

Sweet Spring Dessert
Sweet Spring Dessert
Best part of the entire experience? Knowing I wasn't feeling well, the boy was sweet enough to search for a place where I could have dinner even though he had already eaten.

No comments: